Learn how to build trusted B2B relationships and grow sales.
“The programme has taken many of our people out of their comfort zone and empowers them with the skills to build the right relationships with the right people.”
Tom Bevan, Business Development Director
Minter Ellison Rudd Watts, Australia and New Zealand.
The aim of ENGAGE is to increase the skills and confidence of individuals and teams, from all levels within your organisation, to be able to build trust with economic buyers, leading to more profitable work with the clients you most want to work with.
An additional outcome is that attendees will develop a specific action plan for growing or developing the relationship they have with either a new prospect or existing client.
Who and how many should attend?
The ENGAGE program is for anyone who works in a B2B or professional services environment and wants to improve the way they engage with clients and prospective clients, to build more trust, and more easily make sales.
The program will benefit those who have many years experience and are looking for some new tools for their toolkit, right through to people who are new to sales and client relationships, or are just starting out in their careers.
If you are planning to send a group from your organisation, from our experience, the training works best if there is some depth in the attendees (both senior and junior staff), and that they are from different parts of the business. We find this helps with the embedding as a greater cross-section of people understand the intent of the sales approach.
One approach we find particularly effective is to structure your attendance around key client teams, so that the team works together across the two days on the client as a whole, with each taking responsibility for different key contacts to strengthen their relationship with.
As the training is very interactive, we recommend having 12-16 people per program in order to ensure everyone gets time to participate fully, and has the opportunity for some one-on-one coaching from the facilitator.
By the end of the ENGAGE training program, we hope that all attendees will have the tools they need to build trusted, partner relationships (be it with customers, suppliers or internally within and between teams) so they can:
- Interact effectively with anyone.
- Build sustainable differentiation.
- Create environments in which people buy (and they don’t have to sell).
- Achieve consensus quickly.
- Be sought out as a business advisor beyond just their own technical expertise.
- Get even more repeat business.
- Increase business referrals.
Day 1 is primarily focused on teaching, Day 2 is primarily focused on putting it all into practice. This practical component is critical in giving you the opportunity and the confidence to try it out in the ‘real world’.
What to expect
The ENGAGE workshop is highly interactive, involving a lot of hands-on workshopping and providing practical tools and techniques that can be implemented straight away.
At the end of the two days you’ll have developed a relationship plan for a current or desired client, as well as having a personal development plan focused on the most important things you need to work on to become a trusted business partner (or to further strengthen the partner relationships they already have).
In addition to developing a relationship plan for a client, by the end of the two-day workshop you will have learned:
- What behaviours build trust and rapport in sales conversations….and how to avoid those that do not.
- How to identify the right person to talk to in any organisation, and build the confidence to talk to people higher up the client hierarchy.
- How to identify the four common types of business relationships, and how you can create the right relationships with the right people.
- How to write engaging emails/make engaging phone calls that make senior decision makers want to meet you.
- How to ask questions and deliver value in every conversation to engage your clients/ prospects, build trust and win work…profitably and quickly, without any hard sell.
- The skill of ‘selling’ their ideas and services in an engaging way.
- How to have broad and deep conversations outside of their area of expertise, which lowers self-orientation and fosters trust.
- How to follow up meetings in a way that continues to build the relationship.
- How to feel confident about bid go/no go decisions.
- How to adapt the ENGAGE tools to any sales situation including presentations, pitches and bids.
A more detailed break-down of the content of the two-day program is listed below:
“I attribute the skills I learnt at the ENGAGE course to making my targets in my first year. I did the course in October and did 50% of my annual target in the 2 months leading up to the following June. I feel the skills I learned allowed me to build the relationships that saw me hit my numbers last year.”
Joe Feredoes, Senior IT Advisor
While ENGAGE is based on a set structure, the facilitator will adapt the sequence and content throughout the workshop depending on the needs of the attendees.
For private courses run internally within organisations, the workshop branding and case studies used within the training can be customised.
The ENGAGE training program is run by one of The Business of Trust team, or one of our accredited trainers.
What previous participants have had to say
Read some feedback from past participants of the ENGAGE training program on our Testimonials page.